Unfortunately, it took longer than anticipated to prepare the fabric. Then it took even more time to match the pattern on the fabric so it would look okay at the seams. I only got the front and back done by the end of the afternoon.
No problem, thought I. I'll just finish up the collar and sleeves today. They shouldn't take too long. The collar isn't even any crazy shape, it's just a rectangle.
HA! And a paper crane is just a square.
I spent hours this morning wrestling with the Origami Collar from Hell. Just after lunchtime I managed to get it sewed on and took a look at it...and wondered why it didn't quite look like the picture. Then I realized, to my utter dismay, I had underestimated yet one more factor: my ability to sew things on inside-out.
<sigh> So, I had to take it all apart and put it back together the right way. I finally got the collar done by suppertime. Tomorrow: sleeves.