Mostly I spent the weekend working on my paving project. I spent Monday morning getting rid of big chunks of old maple roots that were blocking my digging effort. I also took out a sprinkler head that would have protruded through the paved area. In the afternoon, I filled in the hole with gravel an crushed rock. (Judging by the paw prints I found the next morning, all the neighborhood stray cats dropped by to check out the enormous new litterbox I had made for them...)
Tuesday I began filling in the space with flagstones. It's quite a task, since I have to locate random shapes that fit well with each other, and then I have to spend time on each one getting it level. This is difficult, since the surface of each stone is uneven. However, I did make significant progress. I'm hoping it won't take too long to finish.