Saturday I worked on weeding the front yard. I got a lot of that done (until more sprout, of course). Then I planted out two artichokes and a bunch of new flowers. I can't wait until everything starts blooming.
Sunday morning I finished weeding around the roses, which are already starting to leaf out after their pruning. The pomegranate is also showing signs of new buds. After lunch I moved to the backyard. The cover crop of rye that I planted in my two unused vegetable beds was beginning to go to seed, so I cut all those plants down. I managed to get one bed worked through, but the other was infested with perennial weeds. Just when I started pulling those, rain clouds moved in, so I had to wrap it up for the day.
Today has been very rainy, so I stayed indoors. In the morning I cooked up a batch of ginger pear jam, which turned out delicious. I then made significant progress on my backlog of unwashed dishes. I actually have a bit of visible counter space now, for the first time in over a month. I'm hoping to finish up the rest before work tomorrow.
Last week at work we had our annual canine evaluations. They test all the canine teams to make sure the dogs are performing at the required level, and that the handlers are managing the dogs properly. Benny scored 9.5 out of 10, which is outstanding.
We're getting a new canine handler at the airport, transferred up from LA. Today was her first day; I won't get to meet her until tomorrow. It will be interesting to see how she fits in with the group.