I worked on the dress the rest of the afternoon, but unfortunately didn't finish. One of the reasons is that I took much longer than expected to do the zipper. I hate zippers. The other reason is that I had to do some bodice adjustments. Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on your point of view), I have a bust size about the same as the average Japanese woman, so when choosing the pattern I got the standard size. However, my waist size is a couple inches larger, as it turns out. Thus, in order to fit in the dress, I shaved half a centimeter off each of the bodice seam allowances. When I tried it on, the waist fit great...but the bust was way too big.^_^; So I had to go back and reduce the upper half without changing the lower half. That was...fun.
Now I only have to do the shoulder straps, lining, and hem, and it will be done.