Amparo Bertram (spacealien_vamp) wrote,
Amparo Bertram

Next time, I'll take a taxi

The software I ordered arrived yesterday. I tried the calligraphy program right away, but unfortunately it won't start up. ;_; Every time I try to run it, I just get an error message covered with question marks. (And this is WITH Japanese activated...on all other message windows, the characters show up properly, but this particular error message is just a row of question marks.) I tried uninstalling/reinstalling, but there was no change. I contacted their customer support and followed the first set of instructions they sent, but that didn't do any good either. We'll see if they have any other suggestions.

Today I got up early and took the exchange student to Kyoto for the flea market. We shopped there for about three and a half hours. Luckily, the weather was cool and breezy, overcast but not rainy. Next we went to the Kawaramachi shopping district and looked at several shops. After that we went to the Kyoto Museum--a museum dedicated to the history/culture of Kyoto.

All was going well, and we were safely on our way back to Moriyama, when suddenly--one stop away (on the rapid) at Kusatsu, an announcement was made that the train in front of us had hit someone and all trains going in that direction had been halted. We were all unloaded onto the platform at Kusatsu.

I considered leaving and taking a taxi, since we were only two towns away and it would probably only be a 15 minute ride. They announced that they estimated it would be about 25 minutes before the trains would be allowed through again, however, so we decided to wait. When we had waited about 20 minutes, they announced that the police had just started investigating, and it would probably be another half hour. I suggested taking a taxi at that point, but we had already waited so long...

At one point, they loaded everyone on a train, thinking they could get us through, but five minutes later unloaded everyone again. Everyone was really starting to get grumpy by that point. With one thing and another, it wound up being over an hour before we got moving. We eventually made it back to Moriyama. <whew>
  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened